- Whether you’re looking to breathe new life into your period wooden or parquet flooring or are refreshing the flooring in your commercial space, you could find the answer with Barfords’ floor sanding services in Essex. We are genuinely dedicated to restoring wood to showcase its natural charm and character and believe that all wood flooring has the potential to be something incredible if given the chance.
- Our expert craftsmen are fully trained and experienced in the techniques and tools required to update your floors to your requirements. Using these proven methods, we can transform your flooring by removing any scratches, marks and any other damage, leaving you with flooring that is clean, glossy and gives impact to your room. We can be relied upon to deliver professional service, budget-friendly solutions and results that withstand the test of time, every time.
Get your FREE quote today
Fill out this form to receive your free quotation for our professional & reputable wood floor sanding in Essex
Have any questions or queries?
Floor Sanding Essex FAQs
Floor sanding is the process of refinishing and rejuvenating an existing wood floor by sanding it down to remove any scratches, dents, or imperfections. It is an important process because it can help to restore the natural beauty of the wood and make it look new again. It can also help to protect the floor from further damage and extend its lifespan.
Most types of wood floors can be sanded, including solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet. However, certain types of wood or finishes may not be suitable for sanding, so it is important to consult with our professional floor sanding company to determine if your floor can be sanded.
Generally, the sanding process typically involves the following steps:
- Preparing the floor: This includes removing any furniture or rugs from the room, repairing any damaged areas, and vacuuming and cleaning the floor.
- Sanding the floor: The floor is sanded using a drum sander, which removes the top layer of the floor to expose the raw wood. The sanding process typically starts with rough grit sandpaper and progresses to a finer grit.
- Finishing the floor: After the sanding is complete, the floor is finished with a wood stain or sealer to protect it and give it the desired colour.
The length of time it takes to sand a floor depends on the size of the room, the condition of the floor, and the desired finish. On average, a standard room can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day to sand. Please ask us for a quote, as this will depend on your project.
Floor sanding can be a messy process, as it generates a significant amount of dust and debris. However, our professional floor sanding company will take steps to minimize the mess and clean up after the job is complete.
The cost of floor sanding in Essex can vary depending on the size of the room, the condition of the floor, and the desired finish. It is best to get a quote from our professional floor sanding company in Essex in order to get a more accurate estimate.
Our Floor Sanding Services in Essex
We specialise in high-quality floor sanding in Essex and take pride in bringing worn and damaged flooring into the modern-day whilst assuring we stay true to its character. We combine proven sanding techniques with the finest quality materials, to completely transform your flooring with the utmost efficiency and without compromising on your budget. We offer a personalised service where every part of your journey with us is tailored to your requirements and we can confidently take on your project, whatever the size, as we have experience working on projects in homes, theatres and other community spaces.
Advantages of Floor Sanding
We have seen the popularity of floor sanding in Essex grow, mainly due to the number of benefits that comes with using this technique to bring your wooden flooring to life.
Tailormade to your tastes
We will work alongside you to ensure that the flooring you receive is the flooring that you wanted. Our floor sanding in Brentwood comes highly-recommended by our clients and, whether you choose to finish your floor with lacquer or varnish, the whole process can be customised to your exact needs.
Endures over time
If you properly take care of your wooden flooring, it can provide much greater levels of protection against wear and tear for years to come. Particularly useful in areas where footfall is high, wooden flooring can last for up to 50 years if maintained properly.
Saves and makes you money
Wooden flooring is a guaranteed way of saving and making you money in the long term. Rather than replacing a worn floor entirely, you can opt to have it sanded to reveal its original character which can add value to your property if done correctly!
Allergen free and easy to maintain
Wooden flooring is a top choice for allergy sufferers as it doesn’t retain allergens in the way other flooring types might. It is also easy to maintain and is more resilient to odours and stains, meaning that your space will stay cleaner for longer.
At Barfords, we use dust-free methods of floor sanding to ensure there’s little cleaning up needed once we complete the works. Not only this, but the chemicals that we use are non-toxic, so your property is safe from the moment we leave.
Give us a call today for your FREE quote
Don’t just take our word for it, here’s what some of our clients have to say about our floor sanding services…
Barfords, restore anything, from antique flooring to modern grey styles and natural finishes. All with an environmental awareness and in a professional and friendly manner. We also restore most woodwork, and offer free estimates.